Monday, November 24, 2008

The Good Side of Bad Books

I found this article, The Good Side of Bad Books (click here to read), on a blog that I read that reviews book covers called The Book Design Review. I know how with the time constraints we have these days, we fear picking up a book that is so bad it's an absolute waste of time reading it. However, this article does put a fresh perspective on bad books, there are things you can learn from them too.

The informal book reviewer plying her trade.

I guess being an informal book reviewer, this puts things into perspective. I mean, you probably have to read the bad before you know what's good, right? However, I do agree with Stuart Evers that bad books are probably books that don't cater to what the readers want in general.

So before any of us starts believing in book ratings or reviews by the general public, why not pick up that book and try it out for yourself to see how accurate that book review is. Then you'll know who to turn to for advice on books to read.

I know that sentence is probably counter-intuitive to what I am doing this blog, however, as a reader, I do feel that you need to explore your options instead of shutting them out. Even though Hakanai Hane and I prefer to read fantasy, we also try to read books from other genres to.

That being said, we'll be striving to keep you posted with book reviews and recommendations that are fair and accurate to what we think you would like in a book. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for following this blog thus far.

No comments: