Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Black Tattoo by Sam Enthoven

In addition to being attracted by really cool book covers, I happened to be attracted by tattoo designs as well. Not that I'll ever get one in this lifetime. I think I'll leave the permanent skin marking thing to the brave souls out there clamoring for one.

That said, this book was particularly intriguing. You'd think that with a title like that the story line would go along the lines of the protagonist being born with this tattoo which gives away the fact that he is of noble birth or has some super fantastical power and how he has to deal with the responsibilities or consequences for having such a mark.

Wrong! You will be pleasantly surprised by the unusual plot of the story. I mean, it's still a good versus evil theme ultimately, but I guess conceptually and character-wise, this book wins my vote.

The story is set in London of the future. The villain: The Scourge. Three young heroes must set out to destroy The Scourge or the world risks being annihilated. Sounds cliched I know, but I wouldn't want to give a good story away.

Young adult readers would enjoy this book very much, especially if you're into supernatural powers and stories about demons.

No comments: